What makes you happy?
For me the list includes fancy coffee drinks, pretty floral patterns, the mountains right after the rain, a man named Corbin, playing the 2 songs I know on the piano, diet coke, girls nights, reading about thinking, talking to my mom, biking around town, bagels, being on stage, designing costumes for people on stage, weekday lunch with my friend, cotton bedsheets in the summer, and listening to music.
So why do I turn to so many other things hoping to find happiness? Lately before hopping on Facebook or watching TV I ask myself "Sarah, will this make you happy?". "No." is the response. Yet I do it anyway. Why?? It reminds me of that verse in the Bible, the one that says "What will make us happy? Many say." I don't actually remember what comes next, but I'm pretty sure it's something about, oh say, God. He brings fulfillment. So I'm going to try to turn to the Lord the next time my heart is restless and in want of a little joy. He brings everlasting happiness. He gives us bagels and boyfriends in the meantime because he wants us to be happy in the meantime and so that they might lead us to Him.
I think along with bagels and boyfriends God gave boosha's too. :D ...and bina's
ReplyDelete